Orland Park stove fire Monday - 5:20 pm
The Orland Fire Protection District responded to the 9100 block of
Lincoln Court today at about 5:20 in the afternoon for a stove fire. Initial arriving firefighters encountered smoke on the second floor of the three story building as they moved into the involved unit. The fire on the stove and the adjacent cabinets were extinguished quickly before the fire spread in the kitchen. All of the units in the building were evacuated safely.
Minor fire damage and smoke damage were limited to the unit of origin. Fire companies removed smoke from the entire building before residents were allowed back into their homes. There were no injuries at this incident.